Friday, September 19, 2008

Artists Speak On Depending On Christ

Here are some lyrics by some of my favorite bands, speaking about depending on Christ, trusting God and finding our only purpose in Him.

I'm about to let go and live what I believe!
I can't do a thing now, but trust that You'll catch me,
When I let go.

--BarlowGirl, Let Go

It's all because of Jesus I'm alive.
It's all because the blood of Jesus Christ,
That covers me and raised this dead man's life,
It's all because of Jesus I'm alive.

--Casting Crowns, All Because of Jesus

When I come to die,
Give me Jesus.

You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.

--Jeremy Camp, Give Me Jesus

Will You lift me up with tender care?
Will You wash me clean in the palm of Your hands?
Lord, hold me close so I can thrive.
When You touch me, that's when I know I'm alive.

--Newsboys, Thrive

The way it always was
Is no longer good enough.
You make me want to be brave.
If You believe in me, that changes everything.

--Nicole Nordeman, Brave

You're the one who will never let me down,
Won't let me down.
I belong to You.

--Superchic[k], I Belong To You

3 comments:

Micahlangelo said...

good stuff, by the way, the casting crowns one is actual a song written by Stephen Fee from the band FEE, they did a cover of it.

Tom Martin said...

Music can be a great source of inspiration for following Christ

Evan McGann said...

I was going to say what micah said lol


(ps he's wrong it's actually just Steve Fee :P)