Monday, August 11, 2008

Some Favorite Resources

This post will mark me blogging for a full week after returning from the Do Hard Things conference and the rest of my vacation and unpacking. I decided to make it a little different, so instead of me writing, I'll point your attention to some great resources that have helped me.

Boundless.org is a site for Christian young adults. They have articles by many wise Christians on a variety of topics important to young adults.

Plugged In Online does great movie reviews from a grounded biblical view point. I always check reviews there before watching movies, which helps me to live out the principles I wrote about in this post.

I use Biblegateway.com all the time when I'm studying the Bible. It has many different versions of the Bible and you can do word searches on there.

I should have put this on my blogroll, but since I haven't it gets special attention here. Agent Tim's blog is really great. He always has really inspiring things for rebelutionaries. I had the wonderful privilege of meeting him at the Do Hard Things conference!

Although he hasn't posted on it in way too long, David Boskovic's blog has some really great posts still on there. You should check it out.

As a special treat, here is a list of five good books that you should read:

1. Pro-Life Answers to Pro-Choice Arguments by Randy Alcorn
2. What’s The Difference? by John Piper
3. Be the Change by Zach Hunter
4. Don’t Waste Your Life by John Piper
5. Safely Home by Randy Alcorn

I've read them all and they're really great!

For a final recommendation...

If you have had the great misfortune of never hearing of the Rebelution, you HAVE TO CHECK IT OUT! Do Hard Things.com It has been so inspiring to me! For you who know about the Rebelution, here are two cool things on the site that I think a lot of people are missing:

Uno: Alex and Brett's booklist
Dos: The resource section that links to all sorts of great articles by strong Christian leaders

Thank you all for reading my blog. Plan on seeing new posts every night. I'll try my best at posting that often.

3 comments:

Tom Martin said...

Good Resources!

Sharon said...

Thanks!

Micahlangelo said...

lol, i love the "in the great misfortune of you never hearing of the do hard things movement" so good!

by the way, I'm loving the posting! it encourages me everyday.