Thursday, January 25, 2007

About Me...the Real Me

I have a confession to make. My name is not really Katrina Rowe. My name is Katrina Martin. Rowe is my middle name which I formerly used for my online alias. But now, I've gotten the OK from my mom to reveal my true identity. So there you go, I change my name after at least 500 people thought I'm Katrina Rowe. Sorry!
The thing that prompted this unveiling was the article in the newspaper today. We ended up on the front page of our local paper telling about our homeschooling and our family business, and my mom said I had to put it on my blog, which requires this explanation. It's an excellent article that is completely accurate, except in that Silveira is spelled with an "i" not a "y." My little sister Lillian could readily verify my being glued to the computer. Without further ado, here is the article:If you click on the image, it will get larger. You can also read the article in the online edition of the paper here.
That's all for now, because our guest for supper is here.

In Christ,

Katrina Martin

9 comments:

Kristin Braun said...

That's awesome they featured your family! I enjoyed reading the article :)

~Celeste~ said...

That is really cool that you got to be in the paper!

Rebecca Schulz said...

loved reading the article.. very cool!

great PR for homeschooling.. hehe

Becky (on the boards) said...

I enjoyed reading the article! Very interesting. (A good sort of 'interesting'... ;)) I understand the privacy/security thing... my dad appreciates me to be a little more stand-off-ish with my internet interactions. =D

Btw, I love the name Tatiana. *happy sigh* My Scandinavian aunts go by Tatiana this or Tatiana that. =)

- Rebekah

Jonathan M said...

Thanks for stopping over at my blog, and congradulations for being featured in the paper.

caleb gage said...

I'm disapointed in you Katrina...how could you not tell me your real name? :P

Katrina Rowe said...

Caleb, I did. Don't you remember us already having this conversation? ;)

caleb gage said...

Yeah, but I just had to let everyone else know :P

Anonymous said...

That's really cool. You guys seem to be doing most things the right way. I found your site through the Rebelution.com. Very very cool that you got to be in a newspaper!
In Him